Need extra cash? If you’re looking for some extra loot and to get into the swing of working from home without taking the total plunge into a full-time work from home career, Amazon is an excellent place to start.
Over the next year, the company plans to hire 5,000 VIRTUAL employees (yay!) Most of these jobs appear to be customer service gigs for the e-commerce giant. The pay is $10 to $12 an hour BUT there is paid training AND the hours are flexible – meaning you may get to pick your own schedule! So, it would work well while you’re supplementing your income and building your superstar blog 😉 Related: Why I Chose To Become A Blogger
Jobs are available for people who live in any of the following 20 states:
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Amazon says if you’re hired as a work-from-home customer service associate, you can choose to work between 1-30 hours per week. The Seattle-based company also included this in its job description:
Working hours will increase during our peak season (November through January), and you may be required to work between 20 and 40 hours per week during this time. You may also be required to work on any/all major holidays.
Here’s some basic qualifications you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Fluent English language proficiency required; both in written and verbal communication
- Ability to multitask while navigating the internet, multiple browsers, email, and instant messaging tools
- Ability to participate and complete mandatory training (this schedule may be different from your production schedule upon hiring but will not exceed 20-29 hours per week)
- Ability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork in person
- 1+ years in a service environment dealing with the public
- Typing speed of 45 WPM, phone, and computer navigation skills for programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and social networking sites
- The ability to relentlessly advocate for customers. Always protecting confidentially and their data.
- Display effective communication skills and composure under pressure.
- Trust our customers and use good judgement to solve problems.
- Anticipate customer needs and treat their time and attention as sacred.
- Deliver personalized, peculiar experiences that customers love.
If you want to see if there are virtual opportunities in your area and see if you can land a virtual gig with Amazon to make that extra cash, go here!
Does this remote job with Amazon appeal to you? Let us know in the comments below!Ready to get serious about your work from anywhere job search? I whole-heartedly recommend Flexjobs, the site where I found my first freelance writing gig. There are zero scams on their site and they have their own 100% remote team, too!