Hi friends! It’s no secret around these parts how OBSESSED essential oils – but did you know that one of the most popular essential-oil infused products is Thieves Cleaner? It has a cult following for a reason! Bonus: It smells like a combination of fresh citrus and Christmas in a bottle!
I’ve been on a journey to detoxify our home and to simplify the amount of products that we use since 2013. Gone are the days of our cabinets overflowing with tons of bottles of toxic chemical packed cleaning products. We’ve replaced pretty much all of those bottles, with just ONE bottle of Thieves cleaner. It’s that versatile!
First, I have to share that just one bottle of Thieves Cleaner concentrate fills up 15 of the amber glass spray bottles, say what!? The value is incredible because it lasts me for so long.
I use Thieves Cleaner as an all-purpose cleaner to safely sanitize countertops, dining tables and surfaces (who wants to eat off of surfaces sprayed down with harmful chemicals?). What I love love love, is that I can take that very same bottle of Thieves and use it in countless ways.
20 of our favorite uses for Thieves Cleaner are:
- Put 2 capfuls in a large bowl of hot water and soak essential oil roller and dropper bottles for a good cleaning between uses
- Use undiluted on stuck on adhesives as a natural way to remove goo
- Dab onto stubborn laundry stains as a pre wash stain remover
- Dilute a capful in water and soak extra-smelly sports equipment and activewear
- Use to remove stains and cloudiness on plastic food storage containers
- Keep solution fairly concentrated to remove hard water build-up and soap scum
- Dilute and spray on plants suffering from pests and/or mold
- Remove fingerprints and streaks on glass and stainless steel
- Lightly mist on filter of vacuum to remove smells
- Sanitize cutting boards and porous cooking surfaces
- Use diluted to remove carpet stains and spills
- Neutralize smells from pet and kid accidents
- Sanitize dishwasher between uses by running 1 capful of thieves through an empty cycle
- Put 2 caps full in a sink of hot water to soak pots and pans with tough stuck on food, and when your relatives ask how, let them know it’s one of the many uses for Thieves Cleaner!
- Washing machine smell musty? Spray inside of barrel and run a capful of Thieves concentrate through a cycle
- Make a soft scrub with Thieves cleaner, water and baking soda: scrub grout, bath tubs, inside of sink, cook tops, inside of oven etc.
- Clean and safely sanitize kid’s toys by spraying with thieves and wiping down. Thoroughly clean bath toys by soaking in warm water with 2 capfuls of Thieves Cleaner
- Put half a capful in a small spray bottle with water and keep in your purse or diaper bag. Spray down restaurant tables, shopping cart handles, gym equipment, toilet seats, public restroom changing tables all-the-germy-things
- Clean your car – interior and exterior/ windows/ tires/ dashboard you name it! It’s one of my FAVORITE uses for Thieves Cleaner!
- Refresh and clean wood cabinets and wood floors. Add a couple of drops of orange or lemon essential oil to make your wood glow!
*** Tip: always spot test in a hidden area before using Thieves on all of your surfaces. I use Thieves e v e r y w h e r e and have never run into any trouble – but it’s best to check for yourself!
Now go forth and Thieves your life away with some of these 20 uses for Thieves Cleaner! You can purchase Thieves Cleaner here if you don’t have it on hand already.